Fri, 11 Nov|
Remembrance Day service
A service will be held to commemorate and reflect on the contributions of those who have served, and who continue to serve, our country in conflicts and deployments in support of our nation. Lest we forget.
Time & Location
11 Nov 2022, 10:30 am – 11:20 am
Woodend RSL, 32 Anslow St, Woodend VIC 3442, Australia
At 11.00 am on 11 November 1918 the guns of the Western Front fell silent after more than four years of continuous war. The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month attained a special significance in the post-war years and has become the moment that we honour all those who fought for our freedoms.
On Remembrance Day we urge all Australians to observe at least one minutes silence at 11 am to remember those who bravely served our country and continue to serve our country today. In accordance with tradition, the Remembrance Day Service commences in sufficient time to allow for one minute silence to commence at 11 am.
Note: In circumstances of inclement weather, the service will be conducted inside the RSL. This may require some adjustments to the program and will be explained on the day.
Normal program is as follows:
- 1035 - Welcome
- 1040 – Reading 1: St Ambrose Primary School co-captain
- 1042 – Guest speaker: Lt Col Derek Sonogan, CO 8/7 RVR
- 1055 – Reading 2: St Ambrose Primary School co-captain
- 1056 – Catafalque Party mounts
- 1058 – The Ode, Last Post – bugler, The Silence – ‘Lest we Forget”
- 1100 – The Rouse – bugler
- 1101 – Laying of wreaths
- 1110 – Catafalque Party dismounts, National Anthem